The Music Department at NUI Maynooth is now seeking an individual of the highest quality who will add to the teaching and international research strength of the Department. This one-year contract post includes a requirement to teach and coordinate core modules in harmony, counterpoint and techniques across the undergraduate curriculum. The post-holder will also deliver modules in musicology and, depending on individual specialist background, contribute to other strands of the Department’s curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- A completed PhD in Music;
- Demonstrable interest and teaching expertise in harmony, counterpoint and techniques;
- The ability to contribute to teaching and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in two or more of the following:
- core music history survey modules;
- nineteenth-century music;
- twentieth-and twenty-first century music;
- A demonstrable and ongoing record of academic and research excellence commensurate with career stage;
- Experience as a university teacher, examiner and administrator;
- A high level of administrative and organisational ability.
Click here for more details